Saturday, February 20, 2021

3. LOST


Lost

 

The dentist pulled my molar out -

He took it bit by bit.

Half of it had broken so

He yanked the rest of it.

 

I could not shake the feeling

That I lost a part of me,

And I can’t keep my tongue away

From where it used to be.

 

That night I got a visitor

Who wore a toothless grin

Our Beth had lost two teeth

And there were new ones coming in

 

Wow, I said, it’s magic

When a thing like this occurs

Her Gummy lost a tooth 

The very day that she lost hers

 

Now take good care, I told her

So your grown-up teeth don’t crack

There comes a point, when what you lose

Is never coming back.

 

She looked at me, and smiled

Her toothless smile, and then she said 

“The tooth fairy is coming 

To leave treasure on my bed!”

 

For me, there is no fairy, 

I don’t even have my tooth

My molar’s gone, and won’t return

And neither will my youth.

2 comments:

  1. 😏πŸ₯΄πŸ₯ΊπŸ€ͺ🀣❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ€ͺ😱😒πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!