Monday, July 25, 2022

DELUXE CARROT CAKE


Long ago, before the internet, when I was a young 21-year-old trying to figure out how to walk the path of wife and mother, I bought a cookbook from the Junior League of Upstate New York. We were living in Rochester NY at the time. That cookbook has some of my favorite recipes. One of them is this really moist and yummy carrot cake. 4 cups of raw carrots makes it really moist. And though I am a firm believer that butter makes everything better, this recipe needs oil to make it right. Resist the urge to replace it with butter.

DELUXE CARROT CAKE

2 c flour

2 c sugar

2 t baking soda

2 t cinnamon

1 t salt

4 eggs

1 c vegetable oil

4 c raw grated carrots

3/4 c chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix flour, sugar, soda, salt, cinnamon together in a separate bowl. Grate carrot to equal 4 cups. In large mixing bowl beat 4 eggs until foamy. Drizzle oil into eggs as you continue to beat. Add dry ingredients, then carrots. Add nuts.

Bake at 350 in greased and floured 9x13 cake pan for 35 minutes or until done.

or in 3 cake pans for a layered cake, 25 minutes.


Cream Cheese Frosting

Beat 8 oz softened cream cheese with 2 T soft butter until creamy. Add approx 4 -5 c powdered sugar and beat. Add 2 T vanilla and beat. If its too runny, add more powdered sugar.

Frost cooled cake then sprinkle crushed nuts on top if you've used nuts in the cake.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Cori. Just got your carrot cake recipe. Thanks so much. Question? What is your schedule for the fall and where? We have not seen you in a long, long time. Thanks for you beautiful music. My wife is a Idaho girl also. I play a little music as well. Your Darrell and Brenda Rector

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I just now saw this comment. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. The most dependable music shows I do are my Christmas shows. Usually the weekend of thanksgiving or the first weekend in December. Check my website www.coriconnors,com. Thanks for the comment, and I hope you enjoyed the cake. Now I'm sort of craving it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!