My sister Ann Marie is here in Farmington. For the last 3 decades, when she has been in Utah, it has been to visit. And I guess, since she is returning to her home in Granite Bay CA next week, she really is visiting. But what makes this time different is that she and her husband Michael are staying in their own house up the street from us. A few months ago AM and Mike took the giant step of purchasing a home in Utah, where they love the people but she has had a passionate non-love relationship with driving in snow. Utah, occasionally, has snow. But, in spite of that drawback, they decided they might want to think about moving closer to family, reuniting the trio known once upon a time as the "Three Little Girls". (We have, quite literally, outgrown that name.)
Nearly two years ago Michael retired as an oral surgeon, and Ann Marie resigned her part time position as an audiologist.Then they immediately went to London England to serve an 18 month mission for our church. When we visited them in London, reuniting the three little girls for an adventure across the pond, Michael got it in his head that we should be spending more time together. So our Real Estate sister, Libby, found this house and the rest is recent history.
Michael and Ann Marie have an awful lot of love and history in California, so I wondered just how real the possibility of them moving here might be. I suspect they wondered the same...thus, the visit this week.
To our joy and delight, they told us two days ago that they had made the decision to go ahead and make the leap.
Last night, after teaching guitar all day, I stopped by their new house on the way home. Thanks to my sister Libby,they have, in their brand new new digs, a bed, a couch, two chairs, a dining table and a Bosch mixer. These are the necessities for survival. Besides, of course, the essentials like pumpkin seeds, baking ingredients, toilet paper and paper towels...oh, and a TV Libby and Dave installed last week.
Last night, when I walked in to say hi, I knew immediately that this was her house. Wafting through the door as I entered came the aroma of freshly baked oatmeal cookies. There on the counter was Ann Marie's Bosch half-filled with cookie dough. And on the stove top, retrieved from the blue lined ovens that I don't believed had ever been used, were cookie sheets full of one of her specialties: Rob's Oatmeal Cookies.
To our joy and delight, they told us two days ago that they had made the decision to go ahead and make the leap.
Last night, after teaching guitar all day, I stopped by their new house on the way home. Thanks to my sister Libby,they have, in their brand new new digs, a bed, a couch, two chairs, a dining table and a Bosch mixer. These are the necessities for survival. Besides, of course, the essentials like pumpkin seeds, baking ingredients, toilet paper and paper towels...oh, and a TV Libby and Dave installed last week.
Last night, when I walked in to say hi, I knew immediately that this was her house. Wafting through the door as I entered came the aroma of freshly baked oatmeal cookies. There on the counter was Ann Marie's Bosch half-filled with cookie dough. And on the stove top, retrieved from the blue lined ovens that I don't believed had ever been used, were cookie sheets full of one of her specialties: Rob's Oatmeal Cookies.
My sister AM is a nurturer by nature. She always has been. And one of the surest and simplest methods of nurture for her is brought to fruition in her ovens.
Those ovens are going to magnificently fill the measure of their creation. It makes me happy for them. It makes me happy for us!
Welcome to Farmington sister-o-mine!


It truly has been a huge decision for us. We love California. I hate snow!! How do I leave my dream home of 24 years where we raised our children and served the Lord and where I have sisters though not through blood that have seen me through thick and thin but the Lord was good enough to give me my answer this week. And I will be grateful and find joy in this journey. Thank you Cori Libby and Sherry for welcoming us here. We will do all we can to love on you and those you love.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful for you sisters! Can you share the cookie recipe?
ReplyDeleteJan - Here's an old blog post with the recipe:http://coriconnors.blogspot.com/2015/03/34-robs-oatmeal-cookies.html
ReplyDelete