It was 3 pm, on a typical Wednesday during a worldwide pandemic. After a grueling day of self isolating, under the drone of the heating vent whispering sweet nothings into the still of the day, my regular episode of Lazy-Eyelids began to fall upon me. I should add here that I have had this afternoon ailment all of my adult life, pandemic or not. Right before the kids got home from school I was ready for a nap. Just about the same time I had to drive them to their various extra-curricular activities. I carry roughly 35 “stay awake while driving” pounds on me. That’s why you’ll always find some sort of chewables in the console of my car.
But I digress.
Today, at 3:07, to be exact, I forced my lazy bones up out of my chair to answer the door. This is what I found on the porch:
My friend and one of my Girls with Guitars students, Al Morgan, had sent this text:
Al and her husband are owners of a number of FIIZ businesses here in Utah. She’s also a nurse. And a mom. And a snowboarding instructor. Obviously, Al has lots of time on her hands, because she has nothing else to do. (insert sarcasm emoji here) So she brings FIIZ sodas around to sleepy sluggish shut-in’s.
Coke. Straight up. None of the other doo dads added in. With a nice scoop of that crunchy ice.
Woke me right up.
Thanks, Al.
![]() |
| My first Fiiz. Hand delivered. (oh, what a relief it is) |





Hi CORI, I'm Blaine Gale's sister, Mark & Eric's Aunt. I don't know how I got on your blog, but I'm so glad I did. It's just like your CDs.
ReplyDeleteThey take me away from stress...:)(lots around just now). Thanks!
Hi CORI, I'm Blaine Gale's sister, Mark & Eric's Aunt. I don't know how I got on your blog, but I'm so glad I did. It's just like your CDs. They take me away from stress...:)(lots around just now). Thanks!
ReplyDelete