All the things I do not know
All the feels I do not feel
What exists, but doesn’t show
In what is real or isn’t real
They spin in circles, round and round
Like witches with their heads thrown back
Cackling without a sound
A swirling mess of black on black
Now and then I dip my toe
In waters treacherous and deep
Knowing that I cannot know
Accepting what I cannot keep
But trying, nonetheless, to tell
As life is sifting through my hand
If there’s a pearl inside a shell
That’s hiding underneath the sand
All the songs that go unborn
Lonely words without a rhyme
Aborted tunes without a form
Abandoned tones and keys and time
They pop like bubbles in my head
They’re stuck below my vocal cords
They stay there sleeping in my bed
When I get up to find the words
I dance with witches in the storm
I search for pearls along the beach
I sleep with songs without a form
To reach for something out of reach

Thank you for singing to me today.
ReplyDeleteπΆππ»πππ»πΆ
Release it and let my dull untalented ears hear it! π₯°
ReplyDeleteBut I also love your poetry! Fun to read again.
ReplyDeletegreat!
ReplyDeleteCori this so takes me back to you winning the New Era contest years ago in Pittsburgh. Kind of your beginning to a life you have gloriously fulfilled building upon your talent and gratefully sharing those talents with all of us. Thank you Cori. You are such a phenomenal example of not letting a God given talent lie there untouched. Wow. I am so grateful.
ReplyDelete