Friday, March 17, 2023

2023/20. LEMON MOUSSE


I made this for Dave's Retirement Reception.
Exceptionally refreshing.


LEMON MOUSSE

(Makes 3 cups) 

 

6 large eggs

1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar, separated

2 teaspoons lemon zest

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (6-8 lemons)

Pinch of salt

1 cup heavy whipping cream

 

Shave zest from lemons (use 4 t for cooked curd and the rest for topping)

 

Bring a few inches of water in a large saucepan to simmer

 

To another pan that will fit atop the hot water add:

3 whole eggs

3 egg yolks (save the separated whites for later)

Sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/8 t salt whisked together.

 

Place atop simmering water and stir while heating until it thickens a bit.

 

Remove from heat and set aside 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least a few hours or overnight. (I chill it in a larger bowl)

 

Whip reserved egg whites with ¼ c sugar until stiff. Fold into chilled curd.

 

Whip heavy cream.

 

Fold into lemon mixture.

 

Makes3 cups. I spoon the mousse into an icing tube, cut off the tip and squeeze into small shot or dessert glasses from the Dollar Store. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Top with shaved lemon zest along with a tiny spoon also bought at the Dollar Store. I made 4X this recipe for 90 small servings

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait for you to get back from your adventure and make some more of this next month! 😋♥️👍🏻

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!