Friday, April 5, 2019

4-5-19 TAP II

For the second half of my Lent Writing this year I am revisiting the trigger words I have used already, but writing from a different perspective. On 3-18-19  the word was TAP. Today I'll use the same word in a different light.
Relative to our own puny existence, this earth we claim as ours is old. Really old. I'm not sure how long humans have roamed its surface. Well schooled scientists debate such matters. I only know we humans have existed here a long time. And in all the eons of time humans have been walking this earth there is only a small speck of time when those humans have been able to place a cup under a tap and fill it with drinkable water. And even a smaller  millisecond of time when people could turn a knob and make that clean water nice and warm enough to bathe in. If you step back and think about how someone might have felt about that a couple thousand years ago, or a couple hundred years ago, or even today in some locations on this planet, it is really quite remarkable. Goodness, there are even taps these days that do not require any knob turning, they just sense that you are there and you want water and, voila, there you have it!


So here's to taps. And to the houses that get to have more than one of them. And here's to hot water, and cold, and soft water, and filtered. And here's to Mother Earth, who I am sure shakes her head trying to figure out why we humans take such things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!