I'm grumpy. I didn't even randomly pick that word from the random word generator on my computer. It's prominent in my head. And I'm not that cute Grumpy like on Snow White. I'm ugly when I'm a grump, so watch out!
I wasn't grumpy an hour ago. I was tired, and a little worn out. I tended grandkids all day, which is a great thing. But it does wear me out. We have company this week. Also great. But it does wear me out. Cooked enough cabbage rolls to feed three families, and apple crisp to feed two, all from scratch. Its great, but... yeah. And all that after going to bed last night at 3 am because I was doing my Lent writing, which I couldn't start until midnight.
I was just fine. Dave and I took cabbage rolls and apple crisp up to Libby and Sherry, then another pan of cabbage rolls without onions and garlic to Ann Marie's house. Then we needed to go get milk so Dave, being nice, said he'd drop me off at home so I could get started on my daily writing since it's already 10:30 pm and he would go get the milk. But the scales tipped from just tired and spent to instantly grumpy when he rather casually mentioned that he noticed when he went to get ice cream from the freezer after dinner that the door was slightly ajar and he saw water "sort of running out of the bottom."
Seriously!? So what did you do dear?
"I closed the freezer."
This man is a genius. Seriously book smart intelligent. And he's pretty handy. which means he generally has good instincts. But as he drove off, leaving me with the knowledge of a freezer re-freezing who-knows-how-completely-thawed meat , fish and other items, I turned into a grouch.
Knowledge can make you grumpy really fast. Like REALLY FAST! I fumed that his conscience would allow him to close that freezer in the first place.
It's kind of like when I was a kid and my friends were doing something naughty, and as much as I wanted to be a part of it, I had too much knowledge of the evil nature of naughty, and dang-it-all, I had determined once upon a time that I was going to be a good girl.
It's kind of like when I was a kid and my friends were doing something naughty, and as much as I wanted to be a part of it, I had too much knowledge of the evil nature of naughty, and dang-it-all, I had determined once upon a time that I was going to be a good girl.
I could not ignore the freezer trying to take all that altered food back to a frozen state. Sheesh Dave, it's a good thing you told me. In the coming months we'd be cooking up spoiled food and not knowing why we were sick!
So I spent the next grumpy chunk of the evening tossing salmon and chicken and steaks into the garbage can. I just rolled that big black garbage can from the driveway into the garage. Filet Mignon and pork roasts and about 8 cartons of ice cream, and vegetables and roll dough... you catch my drift. the ice cream was liquid, so I want going to risk guessing how long things had been sitting there.
The other day Dave mentioned that we need to use the stuff in the freezer more.
I think he walked out there in his sleep the other night and opened that freezer ever-so-slightly.
So that's all I have in me to write about tonight.Besides, my iPhone dropped last night and shattered the screen.
I'm going to bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!