Wednesday, March 23, 2022

3-23-22 RANDOM TEXTS

I like my kids. I love them, and I like them. I feel really lucky to be able to say that. Love carries us when there isn't much to like. Everybody who is a normal human has moments when they are simply not likable.  But, in general, I like the people who happen to be my kids.

And I like their dad, too.

One of the things I am grateful for, these days, is our ability to communicate in short snippets. Sometimes people are not able to stop what they are doing and answer the phone, like we used to have to do in the old days.

The generation under me likes texting. I, myself, like texting. The thing about texting is you can send something out and people can respond, or not respond, as is often the case, when they have the ability to focus on it. 

In our family, especially with our grandkids, we will randomly say (physically say) "I love you" something like 50 times a day. The littles and I do it when we are in the car, or playing basketball in the driveway, or sitting on the couch eating buttered popcorn and watching Paw Patrol. I love that we allow each other to speak our thoughts randomly, for no reason at all, and completely unprovoked. Texting is like that. 

My friend messaged me tonight with this funny little meme:

It reminded me of my daughter Kate, who is the queen of randomness, and all things teeny. She's always kind of wanted a goat.

I forwarded the meme to my daughters, in honor of Kate's love of goats, and Sarah and Annie's current state of parental overwhelmed-ness (I don't think that's a word, but it is certainly a condition we are familiar with.)

I'm posting Kate's and my text interchange, cuz it makes me giggle.

That's all.

Night.







1 comment:

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!