Saturday, March 5, 2022

3-5-22 YOU ARE LOVE (for Sarah)


Sarah was the gift that came from Heaven on my 22nd birthday. She holds a place in my heart reserved for her alone. She is oozing with gifts, but still feels so small. She struggles with things that are, frankly, earth stuff. What is eternal fits soundly in her list of divine character traits. I cherish her!

My creative Lenten sacrifice for today is the rough draft of a song for her. Its hard to read a lyric and know the rhythm that is creating the pattern because of the music. But here it is anyway, because I promised I would let myself be held accountable for what I create each day of Lent.


YOU ARE LOVE                      

For Sarah

  

Time is temporary

Shame unnecessary

It has to be quite scary

For a soul to go through birth

 

No wonder we come crying

Life is terrifying

When you’re used to flying

And instead you’re bound to earth

 

Bridge I: 

But I was there when you began this earthly enterprise

And I recall divinity was shining through your eyes

 

CHORUS:

    You are love

    Endless love

    Timeless spaceless love

    Though your gifts

    Are limitless

    The first and last are love

 

Heaven is behind us

Will eventually re-find us

The in between can blind us

From the nature of our souls

 

So close your eyes and hear it

The whisper of the Spirit

Saying love it, do not fear it

Let your weakness make you whole

 

Bridge II: 

Such a massive spirit’s bound to feel a little tight

I am blessed to be beside you as we stretch toward the light

 

REPEAT CHORUS:

    You are love

    Endless love

    Timeless spaceless love

    Though your gifts

    Are limitless

    The first and last are love


Tag: And frankly, that’s enough

Love is love is love

Mother.

Sister.

 

Doctor.


Daughter.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Cori! how many times have your songs lifted my heart, more than I can count.Thank you for being an angel on earth and letting your love and light shine for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This day brings joy to our entire family. We are ever grateful for both you and Sarah. I cannot wait to hear this incredible song. What a perfect gift. Happy Birthday Cori❤️ And Sarah ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lyrics for dear Sarah. As I was reading a melody came into my head. Can't wait to hear your meody. As you say "Happy Birth Day" to you and Sarah. We are all blessed to have you both in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!