Monday, May 13, 2024

CHOCOLATE DROP COOKIES

A Connors family favorite.

Note: I always triple this recipe and they all get eaten. Triple measurements are in (parenthases)


1/3 c butter (1c)

1/3 c shortening (1c)

¾ c sugar (2 ¼)

1 egg (4 eggs – yes, I use 4 when I triple the recipe)

9 T cocoa (1 ½ c)

½ t soda (1 ½ t)

½ c sour milk or buttermilk (1 ½c)

1 ¾ c flour (5 ¼ c)

½ t salt (1 ½)

1 t vanilla (3t)

 

Cream butter and shortening.  Gradually add sugar.  Beat well.  

Beat in egg.

Sift dry ingredients together in separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternating with milk. 

Add vanilla.  

Drop by heaping tablespoonful 2” apart on cookie sheet. I use a small cookie scoop.

Bake at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes.  Do not overcook. 

Cool and frost with butter cream frosting. 

These should feel and taste like moist chocolate cake.

 

Buttercream Frosting

1 c butter

3 c powdered sugar

vanilla

cream

dash of salt


Beat butter and sugar till well blended.  Add 1  T vanilla and a couple spoons of cream or milk, a bit at a time till it’s the spreading consistency you want.  Beat maybe 4-5 minutes.  Add a dash of salt while beating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name following your comment. Comments will appear after moderation in order to keep spam out of this blog. Thank you for commenting!